Canadian Taxes FAQ
Semrush may need to collect Goods and Services Tax (GST), Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), Provincial Sales Tax (PST), Quebec Sales Tax (QST), or Retail Sales Tax (RST), depending on your province or territory.
- Goods and Services tax (GST): A federal-level tax primarily applicable to goods and/or services that are bought and sold for use or consumption within Canada. GST is separate and is collected at a rate of 5% in addition to the PST, which is a provincial level sales tax. Learn more about GST.
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST): A combined federal and province-level tax applied only to participating provinces in Canada. The tax rate can differ depending on the province. Learn more about HST.
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST): A province-level tax imposed by British Columbia, Manitoba, Quebec, and Saskatchewan. The PST is collected separately and in addition to the GST. Manitoba’s Provincial Sales Tax is known as Retail Sales Tax (RST). Quebec’s Provincial Sales Tax is known as Quebec Sales Tax (QST).
- Alberta (5% GST)
- Nunavut (5% GST)
- Northwest Territories (5% GST)
- Yukon (5% GST)
- Ontario (13%)
- New Brunswick (15%)
- Newfoundland (15%)
- Nova Scotia (15%)
- Prince Edward Island (15%)
GST and PST/RST/QST
- British Columbia (5% GST + 7% PST)
- Manitoba (5% GST + 7% RST)
- Quebec (5% GST + 9.97% QST)
- Saskatchewan (5% GST + 6% PST)
To add your GST/HST/QST number, please follow these steps: