Reveal any company’s website traffic and online performance
Benchmarking is a must-do and a starting point of any research. The digital performance of your competitors, prospects or potential partners can give you an idea of where you should invest your resources. Get an overview of leaders and growing players of the industry with these metrics:
- Traffic Volume Evaluate total audience and compare traffic volume of your competitors or potential partners.
- Traffic Sources Unveil how websites gather their audiences: via direct, search, referral, social, and paid sources.
- Desktop vs Mobile Traffic Learn the desktop vs mobile traffic ratio and users’ engagement depending on device type.
- Geo Distribution Find out the analyzed company’s performance in different regions.
- Subdomains Check which subdomains of the researched website acquire most of the traffic and use this knowledge to your advantage.
Monitor your competitors’ marketing activities and strategies
Market intelligence is not spying. If you know the main stats on a company’s website traffic, you’ll manage to figure out the key points of their marketing strategy, including their partnerships. Start by taking a look at these parameters:
- Traffic Sources See if your competitors invested more in social media, paid advertising or SEO. Learn if they enjoy a vast loyal audience that comes back to them via direct traffic. Figure out your rivals’ most active partnerships and try to predict their next steps by studying their referrals.
- Destination Sites Identify your competitors’ business connections, affiliate programs, and networks by looking at the domains that they give backlinks to. Learn the company’s high-priority markets by checking links to the localized versions of their websites.
- Audience Overlap Find out if you are fighting for the same audience with your main competitor as everyone else in the industry. Explore the foundation of their marketing activities and the results of their media placements and partnerships.
- Subdomains Get a list of your competitors’ most popular services — or simply learn that blogs are still in demand, and you could dust off yours too.
- Trend Monitoring Analyze all of your competitors’ stats in dynamics to predict and test the best moves.
Discover new markets and niches
Ready to grow your business? Geographical expansion or switching niches is never done on a whim but is always based on data. The question is: what data will make a solid foundation for such a turning point? Website traffic can give you some business development ideas and help you with market research in a foreign field.
- Geo Distribution Locate top countries where your competitors are active. Research which regions your partners receive traffic from. Get some business development ideas and a sound foundation for broadening your presence.
- Traffic Sources Identify strengths and weaknesses of any company’s marketing strategy. Reveal the channels that will be optimal in your case.
- Trend Monitoring Ground your company’s next steps on insights from the brand websites and media platforms that have gathered some buzz recently.
Understand your potential customers’ behavior and media consumption
Users tend to be simple when it comes to showing preferences: they either visit a website (and stay on it, and visit it again) or they don’t. When you’ve already got a picture of the marketing strategy of your competitor, prospect or potential partner, it’s time to check if they actually succeeded in reaching the core of their audience. Here are the main points to check:
- Engagement Metrics Learn lessons from user behavior: number of visits vs number of unique visitors, number of pages per visit, average visit duration, and bounce rate.
- Referring Sites See where the audience spends their time before getting to the entered domain. Detect the most profitable PR and advertising placements. Use these findings to optimize your media strategy.
- Destination Sites Learn what links visitors follow from your competitor’s, prospect’s or potential partner’s website. Find out their most valuable partnership.
- Trend Monitoring Check traffic volume and quality in dynamics to choose the most stable or fastest growing media partner.
Qualify leads, prospects, and potential partners
Bad news: your company’s resources are limited. Good news: we have a solution to help you invest your time and money only in those who are worth it. Prioritize your potential clients and partners with Traffic Analytics data and make forward-looking decisions based on these figures:
- Traffic Volume and Engagement Metrics Start by evaluating traffic volume, but analyze more than the number of visits. Establish priorities based on the website’s bounce rate, number of pages per visit, and average time on page.
Geo Distribution Check where the majority of their traffic comes from. Find out if your general ideas for regional development match.
Audience Overlap Seek out new customers on the websites you share the least number of visitors with (provided you still have a common target audience, of course). Tighten the connections with the domains that your users visit too.
Traffic Sources Figure out if the partnership will help you fill the gaps and gain points in direct, search, paid, or social media traffic. Assume the status of a lead or a prospect by the scale of their recent marketing activities.Trend Monitoring Analyze the web traffic in dynamics to make sure the company you deal with is on the rise.
Research new opportunities for investment
To benefit from a growing trend, you need to be among the first ones to catch it. Website traffic data can provide you with prompt and credible grounds for investment decisions. When researching a new industry or analyzing a promising startup, make sure to pay attention to these parameters:
- Traffic Volume Define leaders and up-and-coming players of the industry with a single look at their graphs. Evaluate the potential of an investment destination by analyzing the dynamics of their website performance.
- Traffic Sources Figure out a company’s conversion by the amount of direct traffic they receive. Get an idea of their marketing expenses by taking a look at other traffic sources.
- Trend Monitoring Check the main metrics in dynamics to catch up with and predict market trends and growing trends in the behavior of companies, startups, and consumers.
- Traffic Analytics API Integrate the key stats of companies’ online performance into your internal analytical systems. Speed up daily processes and increase the accuracy of strategic decisions.